DEARBORN MID-WEST CO., Taylor, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Responsible for identifying, establishing, and maintaining internal process controls within the accounts receivable and payroll departments. Provide support for accounts receivable and payroll functions and processes.
Controller; Direct communication to Accounts Receivable and Payroll
- Experience using Microsoft Office - strong emphasis on Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to multi-task and prioritize time-management
- Able to work with confidential information
- Must be proactive, dependable, detail oriented with accuracy and consistency
- Willing to learn new tasks and take on responsibilities across multiple departments as needed
- Able to handle unexpected change(s) and facilitate/promote change as needed
- Able to work alone and/or part of a team
- Accounts Receivable – Life Cycle Improvement Department - Process customer purchase orders - Submission of LCI invoicing vial email and/or customer websites/portals - Review aging reports and follow up on delinquent accounts with Project Managers - Coordinate/prepare job close-out process for all completed projects - Archiving and documentation retention
- Accounts Receivable – Other responsibilities - Canadian 105 Waivers - State sales tax reporting
- Payroll Support - Routine processing of payrolls to stay current and fill-in as back-up as needed (Field Installation – Once Monthly; Admin and Manufacturing Payrolls – Once Quarterly) to include weekly time sheet management and entry into payroll system - Routine processing of union reporting as needed to stay current and fill-in as back-up as needed (this could be weekly or monthly depending on individual union requirements) - Processing layoffs as needed - Field rate requests as needed - Detailed data entry from Union contracts - Communication with Union to obtain information needed to prepare rate sheets - Peer reviews for master data changes - Filing as needed/required