Dearborn Mid-West Company, LLC dba Dearborn Contracting Company Troy, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Detroit
Position is responsible for business development, sales, and promotion of Dearborn Mid-West Company, LLC – Detroit Manufacturing Facility. Position initiates new customer contacts as well as maintains relationships with current customers to broaden the scope of services offered by DMW - Detroit.
- Five years progressive responsibility in supporting similar key primary responsibilities at meeting or exceeding performance expectation.
- Strong technical comprehension skills to be able to read, understand and analyze construction and fabrication documents such as customer bid specifications and drawings.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal). Analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact with all levels of customers, management and employees.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual willing to initiate action.
- Ability to initiate and lead conversations regarding business development.
- Ability/willingness to regional travel, as needed.
- Professional appearance: grooming and dress consistent with the desired corporate image.
- Primary overall function is to develop new business opportunities and maintain existing customer base.
- Develop and implement business strategies that provide market share growth and continuous improvement of project margins. Monitor the marketplace for new and emerging industries and business trends.
- Develop and promote company image to ensure acceptance of company services with existing customers and new business. Interface with key customer and subcontractor executives in a professional, mutually beneficial partnership.
- Identify key potential customers in the region. Coordinates and is responsible for the completion and submission of new customer pre-qualification documents enabling the company to actively pursue business with potential customers.
- Participate in the development of goals, policies and procedures related to sales.
- Develop effective and appropriate sales presentations for the products and services of the company.
- Provide sales reports and forecasts for future business opportunities. Prepare and submit accurate periodic reports on department and project activities.
- Follow up on proposals submitted to customers to ensure DMW’s best opportunity to win contracts and secure profitable business.
- Follow projects from start through successful completion.
- Provide input on new products and services to increase business opportunities.
- Promote the positive corporate brand in all areas of the industry.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Plant Manager.