DEARBORN MID-WEST COMPANY, Taylor, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: PROJECT MANAGER – CONSTRUCTION DIVISION
Responsible for the management and profitability of assigned projects. Project Team Leader who personally handles commercial matters involving contract, cost, schedule, and oversees technical matters.
- 5-10 years progressive responsibility in general contracting of industrial work including self-performed concrete and carpentry projects.
- Principles and methods of: cost accounting, contracts, safety, project management, project engineering, estimating, scheduling, procurement, negotiating, and design; applicable codes and regulations, basic understanding of related mechanical, electrical, and structural systems.
- Effective oral and written communications; concise report development; current office computer knowledge.
- Project Team Leader including the overall co-ordination of assigned job, providing a safe work environment and focal point for customer relations.
- Assist in estimating, preparation of proposals, and sales when assigned.
- Review customer contract, drawings, and specifications, and DCC proposal at start of job.
- Organize and chair internal and customer kickoff meetings, and publish minutes.
- Develop detailed schedules for and with engineering, procurement, manufacturing, installation, and subcontractors to ensure coordination and timely project completion.
- Create a quality assurance plan, and manage inspection program.
- Handle all commercial matters affecting contract, cost, or schedule.
- Review progress with responsible parties monthly or as often as required to maintain schedule.
- Review and confirm that designs are as proposed by DCC, and satisfy the contract.
- Submit monthly progress reports to the customer, including updated schedule.
- Monitor and control budget allocations, schedule, and the forecasting of cost deviations.
- Process change requests and change notices.
- Negotiate and write subcontracts, and Purchase Requisitions.
- Monitor subcontracts for compliance with schedules, specifications, and terms.
- Coordinate project start up and commissioning for customer acceptance.
- Facilitate the required DCC validation documentation.
- Confirm customer satisfaction with system performance.
- Coordinate customer training.
- Settle claims and negotiate final contract closeout.
- Represent DCC to facilitate warranty issues and promote future business.
- Ensure that all work is completed in compliance with DCC quality, safety, and environmental standards, and the DCC work instructions.
- Other tasks as assigned by President.
- Provide training and examples for Project Engineer/Managers.
- Capacity to accommodate more than one project.