Dearborn Mid-West Company, LLC dba Dearborn Contracting Company Troy, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Fabricator - Detroit
- Must be responsible for (not limited to) complete fabrication of all finished metal products assigned.
- AWS D1.1 Certified: in SMAW & GMAW: Flat, Horizontal, Vertical-Up & Overhead positions (1G).
- Follow blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and drawings to meet fabrication specifications.
- Be proficient in shielded metal arc welding (stick), gas metal arc (MIG), and cutting torch.
- Perform all position welding in accordance with code and drawing requirements.
- Operate jig/fixtures for welding of sub assembly details.
- Understand weld symbols and specifications as shown on drawings
- Assemble components with fasteners and tools.
- Position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Weld metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products. (primarily mild steel fabrication, MIG welding)
- Set up and operate grinders, shears, brake presses, drill presses, and welders to make precision parts.
- Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Verify conformance to specifications, including calculating material measurements.
- Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance.
- Operate forklift, shop hoist, and practice safe material handle moving techniques.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must have own basic tools to perform job duties.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
- Must possess good agility, proper lifting skills, & able to safely handle physical workload.
- Previous experience in welding, manufacturing, or other related fields.
- Familiarity with welding tools and procedures.
- Familiarity with hand tools, shop tools/equipment, and procedures.
- Familiarity with engineering prints and schematics.
- At Least 2 years of education or experience in Fabricating and MIG welding.
- CDL or Chauffer’s License a plus.
- Category: Manufacturing, Design, Production - Type: Metal Fabrication
- High School/GED
- Medical benefits provided
Send resume’ directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, school, and desired positon.