DEARBORN MID-WEST COMPANY, Taylor, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Fitter/Fabricator - Shop Employee
Lay out, fitting and weld conveyor assemblies from structural steel members and other miscellaneous parts.
- Must possess excellent blue print reading skills
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must have the physical agility, dexterity and strength to walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, handle small parts and hand tools and lift, move and/or carry/lift up to 50 pounds.
- Plans sequence of build requirements by reviewing print(s) to obtain required dimensional information.
- Lay out required material and fixture design and build.
- Performs fitting and fabrication activities such as oxy-acetylene cutting, grinding, punching, shearing, etc.
- Compentency in Mig welding process in both short circuit and spay transfer modes with the ability to pass the AWS 1-G welding certification minimum.
- Final assembly / installation of mechanical components to include bearing, shaft, sprocket, reducer and coupling installation and alignment, etc
- Uses forklifts, overhead cranes, squares and other measuring devices, shears and saws.