DEARBORN MID-WEST COMPANY, Troy, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Talent Acquisition/ HR Coordinator
The Talent Acquisition/ HR Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level, working closely with the HR team in supporting Dearborn and its subsidiaries. This position focuses on talent acquisition and also carries out responsibilities in the following areas: orientation and onboarding, training, performance management, policy implementation, benefit administration and employment law compliance. This individual will provide guidance of human resource practices and objectives that emphasize a culture of developing a superior workforce.
Vice President of Human Resources
- Degree in Human Resources or Business preferred or a minimum of five years’ experience in a related position
- Extensive knowledge of talent acquisition with an emphasis on recruitment of specialized engineering, project management and other related positions for conveyor, material handling systems, automation and construction
- Effective communication and organizational skills; ability to work well with multiple team members within all Dearborn subsidiaries and handle
- Coordinates recruitment effort for Dearborn and its subsidiaries by working closely with HR management, executives and hiring managers. This includes posting/advertising open positions, screening resumes, performing phone and in-person interviews with candidates and coordinating interviews with hiring managers, performing reference and background checks, communicating employer information and benefits during screening process and serving as liaison with external recruiting resources.
- Communicates with applicants and employees to ensure we develop an atmosphere conducive to maintaining excellent human relations within our organization
- Maintains applicant- and employment-related recordkeeping systems (electronic and paper) with particular emphasis on Applicant Tracking System and other recruitment-related information including data with regard to payroll, benefit administration, compensation and training records. Ensures all applicant and employee information is handled in a confidential manner and in compliance with relevant legislation.
- Leads the initiative for affirmative action plan implementation if Dearborn subsidiaries have active Federal contracts
- Assists in administering compensation and performance management program
- Assists in identifying training needs and deploys training as required
- Assists in administering various human resource plans and procedures; assists in the development and implementation of HR policies.
- Prepares and distributes correspondence, reports and information concerning recruitment activities and other general human resource reports as needed.
- Protects interest of the Company, its subsidiaries and employees in accordance with policies, practices and appropriate federal, state and local laws and regulations such as OSHA, FMLA, and ERISA