DEARBORN MID-WEST COMPANY, Taylor, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Project Engineer
The (Mechanical) Project Engineer is responsible to supervise and coordinate all aspects of engineering as influencing manufacture, installation and startup of the project and requires working closely with the Project Manager. This position is responsible for engineering design, layout, detail, studies, calculations and documentation relating to customer conveyors, equipment, process, tooling, and structures using DMW product line as well as our competitors. The Project Engineer reports to the engineering manager, while directing and checking the work of other team members.
Projects Engineering Manager
- MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel.
- MS Office Access.
- MS Office Project.
- AutoCAD 2002 or higher Capable.
- Technical Math skills, including algebra, trigonometry, geometry.
- Technical skills in natural physics, including work force, energy, time and distance calculations.
- Blueprint Reading.
- B.S.E. preferred with 10 yrs experience or equivalent work experience.
- Product development, drawing, technical support.
- Conduct structural calculations, beam and columns sizing, conveyor weight, point loading and kip loading, size cover plate, base plates and column pads.
- Conduct engineering calculations, cylinder sizing, shaft sizing, motor sizing, etc.
- Select structural member sizes (plates, bars, shapes, etc.) and specify fasteners and weld requirements.
- Design: formulate a plan and conceive practical solutions to technical problems; familiar with tolerance practices; out-of-box thinker.
- Conduct and document timing studies of automation, equipment, units, systems, and conveyors.
- Create workable layouts of conveyor path, solving bottle necks, responsive to production rate and physical space.
- Drafting skills, 2-D, orthographic projection, dimensioning, layers, line types, etc.
- Create, edit and issue work orders, ABMs.
- Check drawings of others following the work instruction.
- Maintain a personal Task List.
- Create, update and issue project Task List.
- Assist Project Manager.
- Know DMW product line, familiar with track drops & trolley bites.
- Familiar with relevant customer specifications, codes and practices.
- Can conduct a chain pull including: Manual method, CP-Plus, Drive balancing, CP Review & analysis; conduct physical (chain link) pulls and analysis.
- Can support chain pull activities including creating maps, gather data, input data, assist in physical pulls.
- Leadership: creates work assignments for others, responds to Project Goals and timing.
- Consciences about productivity, timing and work quality such that efforts are efficient and effective to the end result. Participates in non-conformance reporting.
- Create, update and issue project documents including formal calculations, matrices, charts, etc.
- Produce Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) documentation, hold meeting and review with customer. A failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) is a procedure for analysis of potential failure modes within a system for classification by severity or determination of the effect of failures on the system. Failure modes are any errors or defects in a process, design, or item, especially those that affect the customer, and can be potential or actual. Effects analysis refers to studying the consequences of those failures.
- Create update and issue customer maintenance requirements including spare parts, FIS, TMS, etc.
- Create update and issue maintenance and system manuals.
- Create and issue installation support items such as printed tags, laminations, etc.
- Job site / Shops / field checks, meetings.
- System Startup assistances.
- Monitor & Assist Subcontractors, including engineering sub.
- Provide training and examples to less experienced engineers, CAD operators and design engineers.