Safety / Environmental
Safety: 100% Commitment without Compromise
Dearborn Mid-West Company continues to take a preventive approach in minimizing the number of work site incidents, including the number of accidents, injuries, illnesses and near misses. This approach is grounded through pre-task planning and pre-employment, pre-shift and topical training throughout the duration of a project. It is DMW’s objective to provide work sites with engineered controls in place that have fully mitigated/eliminated the risk of occupational injury/illness and property damage.
Unsafe working conditions and job practices are inefficient, costly to the workers, their families, the company and our customers. In a nutshell, they are totally unacceptable. Safety awareness starts at the top of the organization through the direction of Jeff Homenik, DMW’s President and CEO and is further enforced through the direction of our Project Management Team and their jobsite Superintendents. DMW will not tolerate unsafe working conditions or unsafe work behaviors and promotes a “safety first” mind-set among all affected personnel.
|DMW Safety Statistics||2012||2013||2014||2015|
|Lost Day Incidents||0||0||0||0|
|Total Recordable Incidents||2||2||2||0|
|Lost Day Case Rate||0.0||0.0||0.0||0|
|Days Away Restricted or Transferred||0.0||0.0||0.0||0|
Environmental: ISO 14001 Compliant
DMW's Environmental Policy is "to provide our customers, our community and our employees with environmentally sound business practices ".
This policy is supported by the following objectives:
- Identify the areas of our operations that have an impact on the environment. Once identified, objectives and targets are set and reviewed. New objectives and targets are developed once previous targets have been met and maintained.
- Prevent or reduce pollution and overall carbon dependency.
- Recycle in an environmentally safe manner any pollution that cannot be prevented.
- Investigate the proper treatment of any pollution that cannot be prevented or recycled.
- Necessary releases into the environment shall be compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Strive for continual improvements in our waste management practices.