The Accounting Manager is responsible for project cost accounting, general accounting, internal control, financial oversight of the company’s Mexican subsidiary, and other financial reporting activities as directed by the Controller of Dearborn Mid-West Company (“DMW”).
Reports to: Controller of DMW
- CPA or MBA preferred with three to five years of experience in cost and general accounting roles.
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards as it relates to the construction industry.
- Financial planning and analysis capabilities.
- Strong Excel and presentation skills.
Project Cost Accounting
- Maintain DMW’s project costing and reporting systems.
- Prepare project status reports and contracts-in-progress report.
- Prepare forecasts of project billing and spending.
- Update of overhead application rates on a quarterly basis.
- Interact with Operations on updates to estimated costs to complete and analysis of changes in project profitability.
- Interact with Cost Estimating on project quotes including providing labor rates and overhead application rates on new jobs.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP ASC606 revenue recognition.
- Oversee financial reporting of DMW Mexico subsidiary financial reporting.
- Prepare month end general ledger entries as directed by the Controller.
- Review all capital and lease requests versus budget for accuracy and compliance with bank covenants.
- Prepare account reconciliations, tax and audit schedules as directed by the Controller.
Internal Audits, Government and Tax Reporting
- Conduct internal audits to monitor compliance with US GAAP and financial policies.
- Ensure proper registration of companies with tax authorities and payment of income taxes on a timely basis.
- Prepare quarterly Ohio Commercial Activity Tax filings.
- Prepare client schedules for external auditors.
- Prepare and file government reports. 17. Prepare tax schedules for DMW as required.
Oversight of Mexican Subsidiary Accounting
- Oversee outsourced subsidiary accounting and intercompany transactions.